Episode #56: Dismantling the Imposter Syndrome of the ENTJ
Let us paint you a picture: as an ENTJ, you try to set high standards for yourself and your team. But sometimes, it feels like your team just DOESN’T GET IT! I mean, you’ve given them clear instructions, right? So, when they drop the ball, you have every right to just lose it. I mean, how can they be SO clueless? Don’t they realize how important this project is?! It’s like they’re not even trying.
But as the dust settles, the self-doubt creeps in. Now you become anxious, wondering if you lashed out because you were trying to make yourself look better by putting team members down, projecting your incompetence onto them. You are ashamed, embarrassed even, and to avoid further discomfort, you put your competent Imposter Syndrome face back on and sweep it all under the rug. Yeah, the Imposter Syndrome persona of the ENTJ can be a real doozy!
In today’s episode, we’ll explore some common triggers and symptoms of Imposter Syndrome in ENTJs, such as not being able to live up to their own vision of themselves, negative impact on their reputation and workaholism. We’ll also provide some practical strategies and tools that ENTJs can use to start building more confidence in themselves and their abilities and to start living more authentically.
Whether you’re an ENTJ struggling with Imposter Syndrome, or you know someone who is, this episode is packed with valuable insights and tips to help you overcome these challenges and thrive in both your personal and professional life. So, tune in now to learn more!
If you want to know more about the Imposter Syndrome, check out our book, ‘Power Past the Imposter Syndrome’: https://amzn.to/40P0GvX
Make sure you sign up for our newsletters: https://bit.ly/dismantlingdysfunction
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:18] Episode Introduction
- [02:30] Why Does the ENTJ Experience the Imposter Syndrome?
- [16:34] Negative Impact of the Imposter Syndrome on ENTJs
- [26:18] Episode Gem
- [28:29] Episode Wrap Up
- For ENTJs, the Imposter Syndrome can be a particularly tricky thing to deal with because they’re known for their confidence and go-getter attitude and their inability to ask anyone for help. It’s a real challenge for them because these feelings of inadequacy can pop up even when they’ve done everything right and achieved great things.
- Despite the ENTJ’s confident and assertive demeanor and achievement orientation, they are not immune to Imposter Syndrome. Their tendency to prioritize competence and strive to achieve their future vision for themselves can lead to an overuse of their strengths, resulting in a lack of development in their lesser preferred functions.
- When an ENTJ feels like they don’t know something or can’t handle everything they envision they should be able to, they beat themselves up over it. They actually believe they should know things they have never learned and will blame themselves for not anticipating what could never have been foreseen.
- Join us throughout our series on how the Imposter Syndrome shows up in each of the 16 MBTI types (or 8 Striving Styles). If you are not sure what your Striving Styles / MBTI type is yet, make sure to visit www.whoareyoumeanttobe.com to complete the assessment today! Remember, if you need help dealing with dysfunctions at work or in your personal life, reach out to us directly.
Did you enjoy this episode?
If so, sign up for our newsletter and get exclusive access to some of our best content!
Plus, we’ll keep you in the loop – you’ll be among the first to know when we’ve hit “upload” on a new podcast, article, or YouTube video!